There are 37 owner complaints spread out over 8 years, but the most belong to the 1999.
This generation ranks 11th in reliability out of 24 overall Lincoln generations.
This generation has been recalled 19 times. It's also part of 6 investigations and has 871 TSBs.
- transmission transmission had to be replaced in the 2000 Continental at 55000 miles
- transmission second transmission leaking from seals in the 2000 Continental at 69000 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 1998 Continental at 92000 miles
- lights headlight only works on high beams in the 1997 Continental at 83000 miles
- windows / windshield leaking rear window caused mold in the 2002 Continental at 16000 miles
- fuel system fuel pump not working properly in the 2000 Continental at 70000 miles