There are 10 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 1998.
This generation ranks 5th in reliability out of 24 overall Lincoln generations.
This generation has been recalled 11 times. It's also part of 3 investigations and has 403 TSBs.
- accessories - exterior door handles break in the 1998 Mark VIII at 80368 miles
- lights dim headlights in the 1996 Mark VIII at 95000 miles
- steering front end is out of alignment with back end in the 1996 Mark VIII at 106000 miles
- electrical won't start intermittently in the 1994 Mark VIII at 111122 miles
- AC / heater blend door acuator broken in the 1998 Mark VIII at 98000 miles
- accessories - interior blend door failure in the 1998 Mark VIII at 39350 miles